Tuesday 14 March 2017

March #BookHaul / TBR

Okay, this is not a proper 'book haul' but the title of this post is in honour of my obsession with BookTube (I love all things books, and since I don't have anyone with whom I can discuss books, of course I love watching others do it on YouTube!).



Although I've become rather good at updating my Goodreads profile with the books I'm currently reading/have read/wish to read, I don't really talk about it on my blog (apart from a yearly round-up of my favourite reads of the year, which I've done for 2015 and 2016), so I thought I'd share with you the books I plan to read at the start each month (ish) and then do a wrap-up at the end of each month (ish) to tell you what I thought of them.

So without further ado, these are the books in my March 'book haul' (click on the cover image to learn more about the books):

First up is Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Book 1) 

 

It's the prequel series to the bestselling Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, which I read last year. A lot of readers prefer the Infernal Devices series as opposed to the Mortal Instruments, so I am eager to dig into this teen/YA paranormal romance series.


Next, another teen/YA romance, but a contemporary: Anna and the French Kiss 

 

I've seen this book in my local library for some time now, but the cover wasn't something that screamed out, Read me, read me! to me, so I avoided it. But this author and this book come highly recommended by one of my favourite BookTubers, so I picked it up to see if it lived up to the hype.

2016 was a year where I'd cut down on reading crime and mystery/thriller novels, but I've been suffering withdrawal symptoms. So, who better than my favourite crime writer Harland Coben to help me get back into this genre with Fool Me Once?














In terms of e-books, I'm currently reading Shearwater by D.S. Murphy 

I read the beginning of this novel a while ago (the full novel hadn't been written or published yet) and have been eagerly awaiting this complete book.






















Sitting on my physical bookshelf at home, for a while now, are I Am Pilgrim and The Bone Clocks, so I hope to be able get around to reading them this month. Or next month, or the next... That's the thing about the books I've purchased or downloaded on my Kindle or iPhone, I know they're there and I can read them whenever I want, whereas with the books I get from the library have to be returned within three weeks, and there's an urgency about reading them before I have to part with them.

 

I'll post a March Wrap-Up post at the end of the month or the beginning of April, to let you know my thoughts on these reads.

Thank you for reading this post. If you're interested in my debut novel, click the image below to learn more about it:
 


Like all my other books, it's also available on:
iBooks   |   B&N Nook   |   Kobo |   Smashwords 


Book Details

Length: 110,000 words
Genre: Contemporary Romance / Clean Romance / Diverse Romance / Interracial Romance / Romantic Drama / Women’s Fiction

Mood: Inspirational / Feel Good / Coming of Age / Dark
Content: Sexy but No explicit sex scenes / No erotica
Audience: New Adult & College / Adult / Female Readers

Recommended for: Readers that enjoy romance novels with serious issues and characters with depth. This is a story about life, love, friendship, family, music, art, destiny and soul mates.


And the first two books in my urban fantasy/paranormal romance series, the Poison Blood series, can be downloaded for free via:

Amazon USAmazon UK|   iBooks US & UK   |   B&N Nook Store   |   Smashwords



PB1 Book Details

Length: 29,000 words
Genre: Paranormal Romance / Vampire Romance / Paranormal Fantasy / Urban Fantasy / Science Fiction & Fantasy

Mood: Dark / Humorous / Coming of age
Content: No violence / No explicit sex scenes / No erotica
Audience: Teen / Young Adult / New Adult / Adult
Recommended for: Readers that love all things vampires, slayers and witches!