Monday 19 September 2016

Spoiler-Free Q&A on Someone Like You (Soulmates Saga, Book 3)

Below is a Q&A on Someone Like You (Soulmates Saga, Book 3). I've kept it as spoiler-free as possible, so as not to ruin it for those who have yet to get into this romance series about troubled soulmates Mukti and Jamie.

Q: What was the inspiration behind Someone Like You? 

A: Funnily enough, it was the song Someone Like You by Adele. Everything that has happened in the last two books, as well as the characters and a few songs, all inspired me to begin this third book.



Q: What was your favourite part about writing Someone Like You? 

A: Finishing it! Because, for a long time, it didn't seem like it was going to be finished. I started it in 2012 and finished the first draft towards the end of 2015. It took me longer to finish this book than the first two combined, and that was because of everything that was happening in my personal life. When I wrote the last line, it felt like such a relief.


Q: Do you have a favourite scene or chapter in the book? 


A: There are loads of scenes that I like and whenever I read them, I go "aww!" The Epilogue though, is really special to me. I don't know if one reader on Goodreads was referring to this when she said the book had a "great ending", or perhaps it was how the story was wrapped up overall, but the very last sentence in the book is one of my absolute favourites!


Q: This book is the last book in the series, right? 


A: Will I be writing another book, or books, to see what happens next? Who knows? Do these characters have more stories to tell? Again, who knows? Life doesn't end at 30. In terms of a fourth book in this series, nothing concrete is in the pipeline at the moment. The thought of spending more time with Mukti and co. however, is very tempting, but I won't do anything unless I have a great story to tell, one which will be a good novel in its own right. 

If I do write a fourth book, I think I'd like to try something different. Like I said, the main characters are in their 30's now, so I wouldn't want to write a book that spans 2-3 years or more, like the last three books, and shove them into middle age so fast.



I like the idea of challenging myself to squeeze in all the drama, romance and twist-and-turns into a book that stretches across a mere few weeks, maximum three months. Once again, the plot would need to be really amazing for me to start writing a fourth book. At the moment, it's nice to think that my favourite characters finally have some peace in their lives. I do have a few ideas about where I'd like to go with this series... more details in due course. 

Someone Like You is available to download from:

Amazon USAmazon UK|   iBooks    |   Kobo     |   Smashwords   |   B&N Nook


Read an excerpt at the Amazon Kindle Store here, or download the first 20% of Someone Like You for free from Smashwords here.




~ What Others Have Said About Someone Like You ~ 


"Full of drama, romance and twists and turns. I couldn't predict what would happen in the next chapter but wasn't disappointed with what did happen. I really liked how the story ended. Loved this story!" *****

~

 “Great ending." ****